From: Martin Jambor <mjambor@suse.cz>
To: Aniket Agarwalla <aniketagarwalla37@gmail.com>
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Regarding GSOC
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 18:21:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi Aniket,

On Mon, Mar 25 2019, Aniket Agarwalla wrote:
> Hello Sir,
>
> I am interested in working with you in your shortlisted projects on Gsoc
> 2019 namely
> "Add new math.h and complex.h functions as built-ins".

we are already in fairly advanced stage of putting together a proposal
for the same project with Tejas Joshi.  You can of course try to submit
a better one but it will be difficult.  Or you just have about time to
switch and attempt a different project idea.

> I would like to add that I have a good mathematical background and have
> been doing competitive programming for years now.So I think I can work hard
> on this project and complete the project as per the organization
> requirements. I also wanted to know what more I can do or submit a proposal
> to get a chance to work with your organization.

Please look again at the "Before you apply" section of our GSoC wiki
page at https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SummerOfCode#Before_you_apply and make
sure you are able to build, install and test GCC and then have it
generate dumps and step through some function during compilation.

Then find bits of GCC that are relevant to your selected project and
continue exploring like above.  If you have any specific questions, feel
free to ask again here on the mailing list.

Good luck,

Martin