* Google GSOC Idea
@ 2020-12-27 12:44 Alper G.
From: Alper G. @ 2020-12-27 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello, I am waiting for your suggestions and evaluations about an idea that
I am thinking about applying to this year's event of google gsoc. In short,
I can say about myself that I am an engineering student and worked on
compilers as well as several different fields. Nowadays, we see that
scripting languages such as javascript / typescript are more than just a
client-side language in the browser. In order to develop applications on
desktop and mobile devices, there are alternatives such as electron that
contain chromium and nodejs, have multi-disk-size requirements and cannot
be packaged statically before runtime, such as react-native. In order to
overcome such problems, it is necessary to create the ahead-of-time
compilation, which we are familiar with such as c / c ++, according to this
syntax and standards, and to call the graphics libraries and system calls
directly from within js. Therefore, I want to create a subset of gcc that
can be statically compiled and contains the ecmascript standards required
to run common js frameworks native. What are your comments on this idea? What
can we say about the acceptability for gsoc? It is comprehensive , but I
think it will come to a good point if taken care of during gsoc.