* GSoC OMPD
@ 2019-04-01 19:05 Bryan Carroll
From: Bryan Carroll @ 2019-04-01 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

My name is Bryan Carroll and I'm a M.S. student in the Applied
Mathematics and Computer Science program at University of Central
Oklahoma. I'm interested in the OpenMP and GDB debugger project.

A little bit about myself: I've been programming for about 6 years,
the majority of those years in C++ or C. Last year I started learning
about parallelization. I taught myself MPI and recently started
learning OpenMP. I have some experience with compiling - I'm taking a
Progamming Languages class right now.  The final project is an
assembler.

I know how to debug programs. However, I don't really know much about
how debuggers work. I also don't really know about how OpenMP works
underneath the directives. I very much want to learn about these
topics. I'm very much willing to learn and think I could be of help to
this project.

What I'd like to know and discuss: What other pre-requisites are there
other than those listed on the GNU GSoC page? Also what would the
goals and timeline look like?

Thank you for your time,

Bryan Carroll
M.S. at University of Central Oklahoma