* grokking ld output on freebsd, -frepo
@ 1997-11-01  9:54 Jay Sachs
From: Jay Sachs @ 1997-11-01  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

I'm trying to patch tlink.c so that it can correctly recompile & link
using the repository (-frepo) under FreeBSD2.2.5.  It mostly works,
but there are some symbols printed by ld that still can't be found,
all of the form

    ::_t5RCPtr1ZC9StructRep
or
    vt::t11SymbolTable1ZPC9Signature

These differ from all the other symbols because they don't have a
leading underscore but instead they have the "::" or "vt::" in front.

How do I massage these symbols so I can do a symbol_hash_lookup() call
that will succeed?

(yes, I know I can install gnu-ld, or configure for elf, but I'd like
to get this working nonetheless).

-Jay

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-11-01  9:54 UTC | newest]