* old fortran code, g77 options?
@ 1998-06-25  9:25 Andrew Hutchinson
From: Andrew Hutchinson @ 1998-06-25  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

How do I avoid this complaint:

make -k
g77 -fno-globals -Wno-globals        ortep.f   -o ortep
ortep.f: In program `MAIN__':
ortep.f:224:
         COSTH=DCOS(T1)
               ^
Reference to intrinsic `DCOS' at (^) invalid -- one or more arguments
have incorrect type

...[after many similar complaints:]

ortep.f:4983:
         CT=DCOS(TH)
            ^
Reference to intrinsic `DCOS' at (^) invalid -- one or more arguments
have incorrect type
make: *** [ortep] Error 1
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.

Compilation exited abnormally with code 2 at Thu Jun 25 11:55:08

* Re: old fortran code, g77 options?
@ 1998-06-26  5:13 ` Dave Love
From: Dave Love @ 1998-06-26  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Hutchinson; +Cc: egcs

 AH> How do I avoid this complaint:
 AH> make -k
 AH> g77 -fno-globals -Wno-globals        ortep.f   -o ortep
 AH> ortep.f: In program `MAIN__':
 AH> ortep.f:224:
 AH>          COSTH=DCOS(T1)
 AH>                ^
 AH> Reference to intrinsic `DCOS' at (^) invalid -- one or more arguments
 AH> have incorrect type

Either provide DCOS with the correct kind of argument (see the g77
manual) or use COS instead.  I suspect you should look for a newer
version of ortep, BTW.  [I'm not sure the egcs list is the right place
for basic fortran questions.]