* Patch: f2c.h Question: objc backend
@ 1998-01-12 10:28 Christopher Seawood
From: Christopher Seawood @ 1998-01-12 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

In the stock 1.0.1 release, f2c.h gets installed in /usr/local/include
regardless of which prefix you specify.  This patch should fix the
problem.

Also, I was sent a patch a while back that fixed the objc backend to
properly handle thread support under glibc.  I was under the impression
that it was in the current snapshot at the time (971215, I think).  Was
there any reason this patch was not included in the 1.0.1 release?

Regards
Christopher
---
Christopher Seawood             * Software Engineer/System Admin
cls@seawood.org                 * http://www.seawood.org

* Re: Patch: f2c.h Question: objc backend
@ 1998-01-15 16:06 Trent Jarvi
From: Trent Jarvi @ 1998-01-15 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: d.love, egcs

I noticed when porting the egcs rpm package to the alpha machine that f2c.h was
left out.  When I mentioned to people that /usr/local/include/f2c.h was left
out I was informed that egcs was wrong.  nothing should go into /usr/local with
prefix=/usr.

Christopher took the initiative to fix it.  If its the wrong fix we are interested
in hearing so.  I can imagine NFS setups that the original would not be well suited
for.  The reason f2c.h is being picked on is it is the only file in the egcs
package to go into /usr/local with prefix=/usr

Trent Jarvi

 Christopher> In the stock 1.0.1 release, f2c.h gets installed in
 Christopher> /usr/local/include regardless of which prefix you
 Christopher> specify.  This patch should fix the problem.

Exactly why is it a problem?  What does your include search order come
out as?  I'm not sure the current install rule is correct for a
cross-compiler, but the whole g77 build process seems to be in
question in that case.