* g77.f-torture/execute/alpha1.f is strange
@ 1997-11-01 19:02 H.J. Lu
From: H.J. Lu @ 1997-11-01 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Here is g77.f-torture/execute/alpha1.f. It may call exit (1) if I
doesn't happen to be 0. I don't remember what Fortran should be in
this case. I think I is default to INTEGER. But I don't know if
it should be initialized to 0. From the x86 asm code, gcc doesn't
initialize it at all. In any case, I got the exit value 1 on
linux/x86/glibc 2 and linux/alpha/glibc 2.0.5c.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.ai.mit.edu)
---g77.f-torture/execute/alpha1.f---

* Re: g77.f-torture/execute/alpha1.f is strange
@ 1997-11-04  7:26 Kate Hedstrom
From: Kate Hedstrom @ 1997-11-04  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: d.love, egcs

>  Toon> This code will only complete normally by chance, so I think it
>  Toon> needs updating.
>
> Yes.  I didn't understand what it was about when I looked at this
> stuff; I think it appeared to be testing for a compiler abort and
> looked as though it might be in the wrong directory, though I don't
> understand the testing stuff.  I also didn't recognize some of the
> other things there, but anyway, could regression tests be commented
> with an indication of the problem and fix made?

Sure they could be commented, although all I have is some code snippets
which once failed and no indication of what was wrong or what was
fixed.

> Is Kate C-in-C this stuff if I extract more test cases from the bug
> archives now I can get at them again?

As far as I know I still am, although I have to admit that I've been
working on other things lately.  You can take over if you think that
makes more sense.

Kate