* new target
@ 2003-01-24 11:15 Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2003-01-24 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, bug-binutils, gdb

Hello,

we'd like to start the process of integrating the port to our new OS,
Modesto (running on ia64, ix86 and x86-64 currently), as a target for
several of the GNU packages (currently binutils, gcc, and perhaps soon
gdb). While I tried to read through the documentation on the web it is
not exactly clear how this is going to work for each of these
components, who to communicate with, and what 'paper'work will be
required.

Any directions would be very welcome,

i.A. Jan Beulich
Software Engineer Senior
Novell Core OS Engineering

Novell, the leading provider of Net business solutions.
http://www.novell.com/

* Re: new target
@ 2003-01-29  4:07 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2003-01-29  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich; +Cc: gcc, bug-binutils, gdb

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Jan Beulich wrote:
> we'd like to start the process of integrating the port to our new OS,
> Modesto (running on ia64, ix86 and x86-64 currently), as a target for
> several of the GNU packages (currently binutils, gcc, and perhaps soon
> gdb). While I tried to read through the documentation on the web it is
> not exactly clear how this is going to work for each of these
> components, who to communicate with, and what 'paper'work will be
> required.

For GCC, the most important piece of documentation to start with probably
is <http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html> and the pages linked from there.

As far as I know the procedures for binutils and GDB are relatively
similar to GCC.

Before we can accept your code for inclusion in GCC (and the other GNU
packages), we need a copyright assignment. The default one is the form
I include below, but there are also other options available.

Should you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Gerald

======== cut ========
Please email the following information to assign@gnu.org, and we
will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.

Please use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as the subject
line of the message.
REQUEST: SEND FORM FOR PAST AND FUTURE CHANGES

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your postal address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]

* New target
@ 2001-12-12 20:42 JDAVIDERICKSON
From: JDAVIDERICKSON @ 2001-12-12 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

How do I get started writing a code generator for a target not currently
supported by GCC?
Thanks

* Re: New target
@ 1998-08-18 23:29 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-08-18 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel.Egger; +Cc: egcs

  In message < 19980819044252.1627.qmail@t-online.de >you write:
  > Hiho!
  >
  > Is it planned to add the m68k-palmos target to the mainline tree?
If someone submits it with proper paperwork, then we'll review it
just like other submissions.

jeff

* New target
@ 1998-08-18 21:50 Daniel.Egger