* Copyright Assignment Papers
@ 2020-11-23  1:35 Robert Balas
From: Robert Balas @ 2020-11-23  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

Can you please send me the necessary documents for the FSF copyright assignment. I'm located in Switzerland if thats relevant.

Best,
Robert

* Re: Copyright Assignment Papers
@ 2020-11-23  1:56 ` Christopher Dimech
From: Christopher Dimech @ 2020-11-23  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Balas; +Cc: gcc

Please email the following information to assign@gnu.org.

Please use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as the subject
line of the message.
REQUEST: SEND FORM FOR PAST AND FUTURE CHANGES

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes? Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your postal address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]

@ 2003-10-26 22:52 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2003-10-26 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jonwil; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 jonwil@tpg.com.au wrote:
> How will I know when they have arrived?

You will receive an e-mail from the FSF copyright clerk, at least that's
my experience from other recent assignments.

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)   gerald@pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/

* Re: copyright assignment papers
@ 2003-10-23 22:45 ` Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2003-10-23 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jonwil; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 06:23:23PM +1000, jonwil@tpg.com.au wrote:
> How will I know when they have arrived?

The GCC project has no control over the airmail.

Nor do we have anything to do with the assignment paperwork itself.
It's all handled by the FSF.  If you have questions, please contact them.

by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
    - Brian W. Kernighan

* copyright assignment papers
@ 2003-10-23 12:27 jonwil
From: jonwil @ 2003-10-23 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

How will I know when they have arrived?

I posted it on monday oct 13 2003 and it was sent airmail, in the "return" envolope that came
with the documents (the one with the FSF address on it)
I was quoted a delivery time of 4-6 work days from one source and a quote of 7 days (dont
know if that was 7 work days or not) from another source.

* Re: copyright assignment papers
@ 2001-12-03  6:24   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-12-03  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre Petit-Bianco; +Cc: gcc

On 26 Nov 2001, Alexandre Petit-Bianco wrote:
>> Could you please send me the requisite paperwork so I can assign my
>> copyrights to the FSF?
> I think this should be what you're looking for. Gerald, is this still
> valid:
>
>   http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-10/msg00593.html

Yes, as far as I know.

(Sorry for the delay, I've been offline last week.)

Gerald

* Re: copyright assignment papers
@ 2001-11-26 17:29   ` Alexandre Petit-Bianco
From: Alexandre Petit-Bianco @ 2001-11-26 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, pfeifer

Adam Megacz <adam@megacz.com> writes:

> Hey, I'd like to submit some patches to gcj (gcc java frontend) as
> well as libjava (gcc java companion library).

Excellent!

> Could you please send me the requisite paperwork so I can assign my
> copyrights to the FSF?

I think this should be what you're looking for. Gerald, is this still
valid:

  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-10/msg00593.html

./A

* copyright assignment papers
@ 2001-11-26 14:50 ` Adam Megacz
From: Adam Megacz @ 2001-11-26 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: assignments, gcc

Hey, I'd like to submit some patches to gcj (gcc java frontend) as
well as libjava (gcc java companion library). Could you please send me
the requisite paperwork so I can assign my copyrights to the FSF?

Also, I am developing some other software (totally unrelated to GCC)
and releasing it under the GPL, however, I must retain copyright on
that software. Anyways, I just want to make sure that the paperwork
makes it clear that only my contributions to FSF-owned projects will
be reassigned.

Thanks!

  - a

* Re: copyright assignment papers