* multilibbing libgfortran
@ 2003-08-03 12:30 Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2003-08-03 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: gcc-g95-devel

libgfortran on the tree-ssa branch is not multi-libbed.  Is there
anywhere a description what needs to be done to enable multi-libs?  Or
who can step up to multi-lib the directory?

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, aj@suse.de, http://www.suse.de/~aj
  SuSE Linux AG, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, 90429 Nürnberg, Germany

* Re: multilibbing libgfortran
@ 2003-08-03 15:16 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2003-08-03 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Jaeger; +Cc: gcc, gcc-g95-devel

On Aug  3, 2003, Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> wrote:

> libgfortran on the tree-ssa branch is not multi-libbed.  Is there
> anywhere a description what needs to be done to enable multi-libs?

Ideally, nothing.  Nathanael said he was looking into moving
multilibbing of target libraries to the top level.  Perhaps we could
live on without a multilibbed libgfortran until this change is
implemented?

* Re: multilibbing libgfortran
@ 2003-08-03 16:12   ` Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2003-08-03 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre Oliva; +Cc: gcc, gcc-g95-devel

Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com> writes:

> On Aug  3, 2003, Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> wrote:
>
>> libgfortran on the tree-ssa branch is not multi-libbed.  Is there
>> anywhere a description what needs to be done to enable multi-libs?
>
> Ideally, nothing.  Nathanael said he was looking into moving
> multilibbing of target libraries to the top level.  Perhaps we could
> live on without a multilibbed libgfortran until this change is
> implemented?

Depends how long it will take Nathanael to do it.  What's the best
estimate for this?

Andreas
--

@ 2003-08-04  4:56   ` Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2003-08-04  4:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Jaeger; +Cc: Nathanael Nerode, gcc

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 04:52:15PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> So, what needs to be done to get this multi-libbed?  I tried copying
> some stuff from libstdc++-v3 and failed with automake problems :-(

Let me finish the libstdc++-v3 autotools conversion, and then it might
(or might not) be easier.

Phil

* Re: multilibbing libgfortran
@ 2003-08-03 20:25     ` Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2003-08-03 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathanael Nerode; +Cc: gcc

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> writes:

> Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>> Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> writes:
>> Unfortunately exact enough - but too late.  I'd prefer to have
>> libgfortran earlier multi-libbed if possible so that it can get better
>> tested.
>> So, what needs to be done to get this multi-libbed?  I tried copying
>> some stuff from libstdc++-v3 and failed with automake problems :-(
>> Andreas
>
> The current multilibbing scheme is demented, in my opinion.  I still
> recommend not multilibbing at the moment; when multilibbing is moved
> to the top level, you'll have to rip all the multilib code back *out*
> of gfortran.  You can still test gfortran with each individual library

I see.

> configuration directly, you know, right?

No, I don't know how I can build on x86_64 a 32-bit multilib directly.

Andreas
--

@ 2003-08-03 18:54   ` Nathanael Nerode
From: Nathanael Nerode @ 2003-08-03 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)