* ah.  as/objdump problem solved.
@ 1997-11-03 13:37 Brett Dikeman
From: Brett Dikeman @ 1997-11-03 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

OK, here's the way /lib was:
ld.so.1
ld.so -> ld.so.1
ld-linux.so.1 -> ld.so.1

resulted in "no such file or directory" when running as, or
objdump(probably any of the other binutils as well.)

well, I suddenly realized that the RPM, when I installed it, said it needed
ld-linux.so.2.(not so.1!)
so, I made another link from ld-linux.so.2 to ld.so.1

Worked like a charm and I just finished compiling the Linux-Pmac
kernel(Monolithic kernel for PCI-based PowerMacs and clones, not to be
confused with MkLinux!)
I am very impressed that it did so!

One oddity; the kernel was about 100k larger, with no change in which
features were compiled in, etc.
Thoughts?

Brett

------
Brett Dikeman
dikemanb@stu.beloit.edu dikemanb@edison.ma.ultranet.com
~)-|
Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt.  Qui annus est?
Te audire non possum.  Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
------

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-11-03 13:37 UTC | newest]