* Re: cross compiling m68k -> ppc
@ 1998-06-22  3:00 Sven
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Sven @ 1998-06-22  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs, law

Hello,

> Right.  Now you have to find c-startup and library files for your target.
> Presumably you can snarf them from an existing system.  Else you'll
> have to hack up a set on your own.

i suppose if i cross compuile some library (glibc or newlib for example) i will get the libraries files, but wath is c-startup and where do i get it.

Also, if i want to cross compile a linux kernel do i still need this libraries ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER

* cross compiling m68k -> ppc
@ 1998-06-21  1:26 luther
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: luther @ 1998-06-21  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hello, ...

as reported yesterday, i was finally able to compile the cross compiler.

after that i triied to compile a simple hello world program. and get
a ld error. ld complains about not finding crt1.o. I made a find / -name crt1.o and didn't find any file with that  name.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER