* subversions.gnu.org not being updated
@ 2002-10-10 13:06 Brad Lucier
From: Brad Lucier @ 2002-10-10 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: lucier

There have been some messages on this list about subversions.gnu.org
not being updated in the past two days, but I want to ask which machine
to point my cvs updater to to get newer versions of the mainline.
I tried to set my CVSROOT environment variable to :pserver:anoncvs@gcc.gnu.org
but that didn't seem to do it; do I have to download a completely new
tree from gcc.gnu.org before the updates will be downloaded from there?

Brad

* Re: subversions.gnu.org not being updated
@ 2002-10-10 13:18 ` David Edelsohn
From: David Edelsohn @ 2002-10-10 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brad Lucier; +Cc: gcc, savannah-hackers

Brad> There have been some messages on this list about subversions.gnu.org
Brad> not being updated in the past two days...

	Has anyone notified the savannah-hackers mailinglist at the GNU
Project for them to restore their GCC CVS mirror?

David

* Re: subversions.gnu.org not being updated
@ 2002-10-10 14:09   ` Theodore Papadopoulo
From: Theodore Papadopoulo @ 2002-10-10 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Edelsohn; +Cc: Brad Lucier, gcc, savannah-hackers

dje@watson.ibm.com said:
> 	Has anyone notified the savannah-hackers mailinglist at the GNU
> Project for them to restore their GCC CVS mirror?

Is the machine anoncvs@anoncvs.cygnus.com supposed to be live. For
two days, I get:

mururoa->ping anoncvs.cygnus.com
ping: unknown host anoncvs.cygnus.com

That might well be the reason why subversions is not synchronized...

	Theo.

Theodore Papadopoulo
Email: Theodore.Papadopoulo@sophia.inria.fr Tel: (33) 04 92 38 76 01

* Re: subversions.gnu.org not being updated
@ 2002-10-10 14:16     ` Gabriel Dos Reis
From: Gabriel Dos Reis @ 2002-10-10 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Theodore Papadopoulo; +Cc: David Edelsohn, Brad Lucier, gcc, savannah-hackers

Theodore Papadopoulo <Theodore.Papadopoulo@sophia.inria.fr> writes:

| dje@watson.ibm.com said:
| > 	Has anyone notified the savannah-hackers mailinglist at the GNU
| > Project for them to restore their GCC CVS mirror?
|
| Is the machine anoncvs@anoncvs.cygnus.com supposed to be live. For
| two days, I get:
|
| mururoa->ping anoncvs.cygnus.com
| ping: unknown host anoncvs.cygnus.com

Maybe I'm wrong but I recall some notes were sent some time ago saying
that most machines inn xxx.cygnus.com would cease to exist and that
one should use alternative names.  For example, I noted two days ago
that I had to change sourceware.cygnus.com to gcc.gnu.org in my
**/CVS/Root.

-- Gaby

* Re: subversions.gnu.org not being updated
@ 2002-10-10 14:33     ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 2002-10-10 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Theodore Papadopoulo; +Cc: David Edelsohn, Brad Lucier, gcc, savannah-hackers

>Is the machine anoncvs@anoncvs.cygnus.com supposed to be live.

No.  DNS support for sourceware.cygnus.com and anoncvs.cygnus.com was turned
off a few days ago.  If anyone is using cygnus.com for any reason, that is
a bug that should be fixed.  The cygnus.com domain was obsoleted almost 3
years ago.  We've been a little slow at actually carrying this out, but it
is happening slowly but surely.

Jim