* git server is stuck
@ 2016-12-11  7:41 Markus Trippelsdorf
       [not found] ` <CADzB+2n0vnM-W5vrJsjQ6M6LkG+cjCVfq7=pxJqJzx+FAPeGag@mail.gmail.com>
From: Markus Trippelsdorf @ 2016-12-11  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: Jason Merrill

The git server seems to be stuck for over a day.
Latest revision on it is r243504.
Latest svn revision is r243523.

--
Markus

* Re: git server is stuck
       [not found] ` <CADzB+2n0vnM-W5vrJsjQ6M6LkG+cjCVfq7=pxJqJzx+FAPeGag@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2016-12-11 19:17   ` Markus Trippelsdorf
From: Markus Trippelsdorf @ 2016-12-11 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2016.12.11 at 09:59 -0500, Jason Merrill wrote:
> On Dec 11, 2016 2:41 AM, "Markus Trippelsdorf" <markus@trippelsdorf.de>
> wrote:
> > The git server seems to be stuck for over a day.
> > Latest revision on it is r243504.
> > Latest svn revision is r243523.

> Yes, someone branched the entire SVN repository instead of just the source
> tree, and git-svn has been dutifully importing all of that. I'll try to
> deal with it later today.

This is the svn revision in question, by Kelvin Nilsen:
https://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/gcc?view=revision&sortby=date&revision=243505

It was later deleted by Mike Meissner:
https://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/gcc/branches/ibm/?sortby=date&view=log

--
Markus

* Re: git server is stuck
@ 2016-12-12 12:43     ` Jakub Jelinek
From: Jakub Jelinek @ 2016-12-12 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 08:17:35PM +0100, Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:
> On 2016.12.11 at 09:59 -0500, Jason Merrill wrote:
> > On Dec 11, 2016 2:41 AM, "Markus Trippelsdorf" <markus@trippelsdorf.de>
> > wrote:
> > > The git server seems to be stuck for over a day.
> > > Latest revision on it is r243504.
> > > Latest svn revision is r243523.
>
> > Yes, someone branched the entire SVN repository instead of just the source
> > tree, and git-svn has been dutifully importing all of that. I'll try to
> > deal with it later today.
>
> This is the svn revision in question, by Kelvin Nilsen:
> https://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/gcc?view=revision&sortby=date&revision=243505
>
> It was later deleted by Mike Meissner:
> https://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/gcc/branches/ibm/?sortby=date&view=log

It wasn't deleted by Mike, I've deleted it now, doing svn cp of over 400
branches is nasty.  Would it help if that particular ibm branch has been
blacklisted from the git mirror?  Kelvin, if you need the branch, can you
just svn cp the particular branch you want (trunk or some branch) rather
than /)?

	Jakub

* Re: git server is stuck
@ 2016-12-12 20:29       ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2016-12-12 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jakub Jelinek

The cron-based svn-to-git script running under bernie's account on
gcc.gnu.org is still stuck/spinning, even after a restart.  I am
planning to suspend it later tonight, until y'all can figure out what's
going on.

- FChE