From: Rainer Orth <ro@CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
To: ASSI <Stromeko@nexgo.de>
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: gcc-12+: D / phobos runtime
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 11:25:45 +0200	[thread overview]

ASSI <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> Rainer Orth writes:
>> Just try to configure gcc with --enable-libphobos, which overrides the
>> default of LIBPHOBOS_SUPPORTED.  In quite a number of cases, this just
>> works, but hasn't yet been verified.  You won't know until you try,
>> though.
>
> I did that and it indeed doesn't build.

then please file bugs on https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/ with the details,
otherwise there's nothing to be done.  You can also search Bugzilla for
other reports that match your problems.  Besides, you can also check the
Bugzilla of the upstream Dlang project: https://dlang.org/bugstats.html.
Sometimes, issues have already been reported there, maybe even with a
tentative patch.  GCC's libphobos mostly just imports the upstream code,
primarily integrating it into GCC's build system.

When I ran into libphobos build problems on Solaris in the past, I went
exactly that route.  The GCC D maintainer, Iain Buclaw, has been
extremly helpful in the process of getting things to work, but
ultimately someone with an interest in the affected target, the
necessary knowledge about it and access to the platform to develop and
test fixes will have to do the work.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Center for Biotechnology, Bielefeld University