* GDB 7.6.2 released!
@ 2013-12-08 5:43 Joel Brobecker
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2013-12-08 5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
GDB 7.6.2 released!
Release 7.6.2 of GDB, the GNU Debugger, is now available via anonymous
FTP. GDB is a source-level debugger for Ada, C, C++, Objective-C,
Pascal and many other languages. GDB can target (i.e., debug programs
running on) more than a dozen different processor architectures, and GDB
itself can run on most popular GNU/Linux, Unix and Microsoft Windows
You can download GDB from the GNU FTP server in the directory:
The vital stats:
Size md5sum Name
24MiB 496399e96654fc0f899a5c964bc1f0f8 gdb-7.6.2.tar.bz2
30MiB 9ebf09fa76e4ca6034157086e9b20348 gdb-7.6.2.tar.gz
There is a web page for GDB at:
That page includes information about GDB mailing lists (an announcement
mailing list, developers discussion lists, etc.), details on how to
access GDB's CVS repository, locations for development snapshots,
preformatted documentation, and links to related information around
the net. We will put errata notes and host-specific tips for this release
on-line as any problems come up. All mailing lists archives are also
browsable via the web.
GDB 7.6.2 provides the following fixes and improvements to GDB 7.6.1:
* PR breakpoint/16251 (AArch64 hardware breakpoint error after fork)
* PR gdb/16303 (GDB 7.6.1 does not work with binutils 2.24 on MIPS16
GDB 7.6.1 provides the following fixes and improvements to GDB 7.6:
* PR tdep/15420 (Cannot debug threaded programs on newer versions
of x86-solaris - Solaris 10, Update 10 or later)
* PR remote/15455 (QTro remote packet broken)
* PR build/15476 (Build failure due to incomplete enum type in utils.h)
* PR server/15594 (tls support in 64x32 x86 gdbserver doesn't extend
address to 64 bit)
* PR server/15075 (dprintf inteferes with "next")
* PR server/15434 (dprintf uses a synchronous 'continue' even in
* PR tui/14880 (in split register layouts, up results in assertion
failure in value.c)
* PR c++/15519 (GDB 7.6 is 94x slower than GDB 7.5.1 using a certain
* PR gdb/15837 (GDB prints entry values for local variables)
* PR gdb/15415 (gdb resolves symbolic links when passing argv)
* PR cli/15603 (CTRL-C can no longer interrupt inferior)
* PR gdb/15604 (gdbserver socket leak 7.5 regression)
GDB 7.6 brings new targets, features and improvements, including:
* New native configurations:
ARM AArch64 GNU/Linux aarch64*-*-linux-gnu
Tilera TILE-Gx GNU/Linux tilegx*-*-linux-gnu
* New target configurations:
ARM AArch64 aarch64*-*-elf
ARM AArch64 GNU/Linux aarch64*-*-linux
Lynx 178 PowerPC powerpc-*-lynx*178
Tilera TILE-Gx GNU/Linux tilegx*-*-linux
* New configure options: -enable-libmcheck/--disable-libmcheck
* Support for the "mini debuginfo" section, .gnu_debugdata
* The C++ ABI now defaults to the GNU v3 ABI. This has been the
default for GCC since November 2000.
* New command line option: -nh (disables auto-loading of ~/.gdbinit)
* Various GDB/MI changes
* Python scripting:
** Vectors can be created with gdb.Type.vector.
** Python's atexit.register now works in GDB.
** Types can be pretty-printed via a Python API.
** Python 3 is now supported (in addition to Python 2.4 or later)
** New class gdb.Architecture exposes GDB's internal representation
of architecture in the Python API.
** New method Frame.architecture returns the gdb.Architecture object
corresponding to the frame's architecture.
** New Python-based convenience functions ($_memeq, $_streq,
$_strlen and $_regex)
* The 'cd' command now defaults to using '~' (the home directory) if
not given an argument.
* New commands:
** catch signal
** maint info bfds
** enable/disable type-printer
* New remote packets (QTBuffer:size, Qbtrace:bts, Qbtrace:off and
* New options:
** set/show print type methods (on|off)
** set/show print type typedefs (on|off)
** set/show filename-display basename|relative|absolute
** set/show trace-buffer-size
** set/show remote trace-buffer-size-packet auto|on|off
** set/show debug aarch64
** set/show debug coff-pe-read
** set/show debug mach-o
** set/show debug notification
* target record:
The "target record" command has been renamed to "target record-full",
and a new "target record-btrace" has been added. This new target
uses hardward support to record the control-flow of a process.
Execution replay is not supported, but this targets allows investigating
the program's recorded execution.
For a complete list and more details on each item, please see the
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-12-08 5:43 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2013-12-08 5:43 GDB 7.6.2 released! Joel Brobecker
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).