* GDB 7.8.1 released!
@ 2014-10-29 20:39 Joel Brobecker
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2014-10-29 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: gdb-announce, info-gnu
GDB 7.8.1 released!
Release 7.8.1 of GDB, the GNU Debugger, is now available via anonymous
FTP. GDB is a source-level debugger for Ada, C, C++, Objective-C,
Pascal and many other languages. GDB can target (i.e., debug programs
running on) more than a dozen different processor architectures, and GDB
itself can run on most popular GNU/Linux, Unix and Microsoft Windows
You can download GDB from the GNU FTP server in the directory:
The vital stats:
Size md5sum Name
17MiB 997492cc3475c96f35ecc8775248c9b1 gdb-7.8.1.tar.xz
32MiB 8072be87a94be0936bc3b4b6941b0862 gdb-7.8.1.tar.gz
There is a web page for GDB at:
That page includes information about GDB mailing lists (an announcement
mailing list, developers discussion lists, etc.), details on how to
access GDB's source repository, locations for development snapshots,
preformatted documentation, and links to related information around
the net. We will put errata notes and host-specific tips for this release
on-line as any problems come up. All mailing lists archives are also
browsable via the web.
GDB 7.81 provides the following fixes and improvements over GDB 7.8:
* PR python/17364 (Need better printer names in bound_registers.py)
* PR build/17104 (CFLAGS="-Wall -Wextra" gdb/confgure --with-babeltrace
* PR gdb/17345 (babeltrace (1.1.2 and later) complains about the ctf
data generated by GDB)
* PR build/17298 (gcore: Couldn't get registers: No such process)
* PR python/17342 (Xmethod Python is not Python 3 compatible)
* PR python/17355 (Crash on Python frame filters with unreadable arg)
* PR guile/17367 (computation of guild path wrong when pkg-config script
supplied as arg to --with-guile)
* PR gdb/17247 (gdb freezes on multi threaded app)
* PR gdb/17347 (Regression: GDB stopped on run with attached process)
* PR gdb/17407 (Regression for Linux vDSO reading)
* PR server/17457 (aarch64/gdbserver: wrong floating point registers display)
* PR server/17487 (state->dr_control_mirror == 0 failed assertion in
gdbserver on Windows)
* PR gdb/17472 (with annotations, input while executing in the foreground
* PR gdb/17471 (repeating a background command makes it foreground)
* PR cli/17300 (crash in non-stop mode with continue -a &
(readline_callback_read_char() called with no handler!))
* PR python/17372 (python hangs when displaying help())
* PR python/17408 (../../gdb/infrun.c:5256: internal-error:
switch_back_to_stepped_thread: Assertion `!schedlock_applies(1)' failed.)
GDB 7.8 brings new targets, features and improvements, including:
* Guile scripting support.
* Python scripting enhancements.
* New commands:
** info auto-load guile-scripts [REGEXP]
* New options:
** maint ada set ignore-descriptive-types (on|off)
** maint set target-async (on|off)
** set|show auto-load guile-scripts (on|off)
** set|show auto-connect-native-target
** set|show guile print-stack (none|message|full)
** set|show mi-async (on|off)
** set|show print symbol-loading (off|brief|full)
** set|show record btrace replay-memory-access (read-only|read-write)
* Deprecated commands:
** "dll-symbols" and its two aliases ("add-shared-symbol-files" and
"assf"). Use the "sharedlibrary" command instead.
** "set|show remotebaud". Use "set|show serial baud" instead.
* Remote Protocol:
** The qXfer:btrace:read packet supports a new annex 'delta'.
** A new option "-gdb-set mi-async" replaces "-gdb-set target-async".
* New target configurations:
** PowerPC64 GNU/Linux little-endian powerpc64le-*-linux*
* btrace enhancements:
** The btrace record target now supports the 'record goto' command.
** The btrace record target supports limited reverse execution and
* ISO C99 variable length automatic arrays support.
* It is no longer required to "set target-async on" in order to use
background execution commands (e.g., "c&", "s&", etc.).
* "catch syscall" now implemented on s390*-linux* targets.
* The "compare-sections" command now works on all targets.
* The "target native" command now connects to the native target, and
can be used to launch native programs, even if "set
auto-connect-native-target" is set to off.
For a complete list and more details on each item, please see the
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-10-29 20:39 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2014-10-29 20:39 GDB 7.8.1 released! Joel Brobecker
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).