* GDB 8.0.1 released!
@ 2017-09-07 16:04 Joel Brobecker
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2017-09-07 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: gdb-announce, info-gnu
GDB 8.0.1 released!
Release 8.0.1 of GDB, the GNU Debugger, is now available via anonymous
FTP. GDB is a source-level debugger for Ada, C, C++, Objective-C,
Pascal and many other languages. GDB can target (i.e., debug programs
running on) more than a dozen different processor architectures, and GDB
itself can run on most popular GNU/Linux, Unix and Microsoft Windows
You can download GDB from the GNU FTP server in the directory:
The vital stats:
Size md5sum Name
19MiB 48cac527e6f3018b865ece021e9723ac gdb-8.0.1.tar.xz
35MiB bb45869f8126a84ea2ba13a8c0e7c90e gdb-8.0.1.tar.gz
There is a web page for GDB at:
That page includes information about GDB mailing lists (an announcement
mailing list, developers discussion lists, etc.), details on how to
access GDB's source repository, locations for development snapshots,
preformatted documentation, and links to related information around
the net. We will put errata notes and host-specific tips for this release
on-line as any problems come up. All mailing lists archives are also
browsable via the web.
Building this version of GDB now requires the following tools:
- A C++-11 compiler (for instance, GCC 4.8 or later);
- GNU make version 3.81 or later.
GDB 8.0.1 brings the following fixes and enhancements over GDB 8.0:
* PR breakpoint/21886 (Compressed MIPS code debugging impossible due to memory breakpoint misplacement)
* PR symtab/22002 (Assertion on debuggee built with -gdwarf-5 -fdebug-types-section)
* PR symtab/22003 (Incompatibility with -gdwarf-5 - DW_FORM_implicit_const)
* PR gdb/22046 (Regression on older kernels for T (stopped) processes)
* PR sim/20863 (gdb-7.12 powerpc-rtems4.12-gdb does not build on FreeBSD)
* PR breakpoint/21555 ("error re-setting breakpoint" on PIE executables)
* PR tdep/21717 ("print $fpscr" says "<unavailable>" until some VFP data register is printed)
* PR exp/21827 (Regression: gdb command lookup became case-sensitive; but definitions are forced into lowercase)
* PR remote/22021 (Multi-arch exec fails with a remote target)
GDB 8.0 brings the following fixes and improvements, including:
* C++: Support for rvalue references
* Python scripting enhancements:
** New functions to start, stop and access a running btrace recording.
** Rvalue reference support in gdb.Type.
* GDB commands interpreter:
** User commands now accept an unlimited number of arguments.
** The "eval" command now expands user-defined arguments.
* DWARF version 5 support
(note that its .debug_names index is not supported yet).
* GDB/MI enhancements:
** New -file-list-shared-libraries command to list the shared
libraries in the program.
** New -target-flash-erase command, to erase flash memory.
* Support for native FreeBSD/mips (mips*-*-freebsd)
* Support for the following targets:
** Synopsys ARC (arc*-*-elf32)
** FreeBSD/mips (mips*-*-freebsd)
* Miscellaneous enhancements:
** Command-line redirection now supported on MS-Windows hosts.
** Support for thread names on MS-Windows.
** Support for the PKU register on GNU/Linux.
** Support for Target descriptions on sparc32 and sparc64.
** New GDB/CLI command to erase flash memory
** rdrand and rdseed instructions record/replay support.
Support for the following features have been removed:
* Support for Java programs compiled with gcj
* Support for the following configurations:
** FreeBSD/alpha (alpha*-*-freebsd*)
** GNU/kFreeBSD/alpha (alpha*-*-kfreebsd*-gnu)
For a complete list and more details on each item, please see the
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-09-07 16:04 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2017-09-07 16:04 GDB 8.0.1 released! Joel Brobecker
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).