* GDB 10.2 released!
@ 2021-04-25 4:57 Joel Brobecker
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2021-04-25 4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: gdb-announce, info-gnu
GDB 10.2 released!
Release 10.2 of GDB, the GNU Debugger, is now available. GDB is
a source-level debugger for Ada, C, C++, Fortran, Go, Rust, and many
other languages. GDB can target (i.e., debug programs running on)
more than a dozen different processor architectures, and GDB itself
can run on most popular GNU/Linux, Unix and Microsoft Windows variants.
GDB is free (libre) software.
You can download GDB from the GNU FTP server in the directory:
The vital stats:
Size md5sum Name
21MiB c044b7146903ec51c9d2337a29aee93b gdb-10.2.tar.xz
39MiB 7aeb896762924ae9a2ec59525088bada gdb-10.2.tar.gz
There is a web page for GDB at:
That page includes information about GDB mailing lists (an announcement
mailing list, developers discussion lists, etc.), details on how to
access GDB's source repository, locations for development snapshots,
preformatted documentation, and links to related information around
the net. We will put errata notes and host-specific tips for this release
on-line as any problems come up. All mailing lists archives are also
browsable via the web.
GDB 10.2 brings the following fixes and enhancements over GDB 10.1:
* PR remote/26614 (AddressSanitizer: heap-use-after-free of extended_remote_target in remote_async_inferior_event_handler)
* PR gdb/26828 (SIGSEGV in follow_die_offset dwarf2/read.c:22950)
* PR gdb/26861 (internal-error: void target_mourn_inferior(ptid_t): Assertion `ptid == inferior_ptid' failed. OS: Mac OSX Catalina; Compiler: GCC; Language: C)
* PR gdb/26876 (gdb error: internal-error: Unknown CFA rule when debugging the linux kernel with qemu)
* PR breakpoints/26881 (infrun.c:6384: internal-error: void process_event_stop_test(execution_control_state*): Assertion `ecs->event_thread->control.exception_resume_breakpoint != NULL' failed)
* PR gdb/26901 (Array subscript fails with flexible array member without size)
* PR tui/26973 (gdb crashes when not including the status window in a new layout)
* PR python/26974 (Wrong Value.format_string docu for static members argument)
* PR breakpoints/27009 ([s390] GDB branches randomly for BC instruction while displaced stepping)
* PR tdep/27015 (ARC: "eret" value is collected from the wrong data in register cache)
* PR backtrace/27147 ([GNU/Linux, sparc64] GDB is unable to print full stack trace (got "previous frame inner to this frame" errors))
* PR rust/27194 (put rust demangler on 10.x branch)
* PR threads/27239 (gdb/cp-support.c:1619:(.text+0x5502): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined symbol `TLS init function for thread_local_segv_handler')
* PR breakpoints/27330 (nextoverthrow.exp FAILs on arm-none-eabi)
* PR symtab/27333 ([dwarf-5] abort on unhandled DW_TAG_type_unit in process_psymtab_comp_unit)
* PR fortran/27341 ([dwarf-5] FAIL: gdb.fortran/function-calls.exp: p derived_types_and_module_calls::pass_cart_nd(c_nd))
* PR tdep/27369 (ARC: Stepping over atomic instruction sequences loops infinitely)
* PR build/27385 (Cannot compile arc.c with gcc-4.8 (error: no matching function for call to 'std::pair...'))
* PR gdb/27435 (Attach on solaris segfaults GDB)
* PR build/27535 (amd64-linux-siginfo.c fails to compile after updating to glibc-2.33 headers)
* PR build/27536 (aarch64-linux-hw-point.c fails to compile after updating to glibc-2.33)
* PR symtab/27541 (gdb crashes on "file -readnow")
* PR gdb/27750 (local variables have wrong address and values on sparc64)
* PR varobj/27757 (-var-list-children coredump)
GDB 10.1 includes the following changes and enhancements:
* Support for debugging new targets:
- BPF (bpf-unknown-none)
* GDBserver support for the following targets:
- ARC GNU/Linux
- RISC-V GNU/Linux
* Multi-target debugging support (experimental)
* Support for debuginfod, an HTTP server for distributing ELF/DWARF
debugging information as well as source code.
* Support for debugging a 32-bit Windows program using a 64-bit Windows GDB.
* Support for building GDB with GNU Guile 3.0 and 2.2 (in addition to 2.0)
* Improved performance during startup through the use of threading
during symbol table loading (an optional feature in GDB 9, now
enabled by default in GDB 10).
* Various enhancements to the Python and Guile APIs
* Various TUI Mode fixes and enhancements.
* Other miscellaneous enhancements:
- Detection when attaching to a process of a mismatch between
this process and the executable previously loaded into GDB.
- Support for default arguments for "alias" commands.
* GDBserver support for the following host triplets has been removed:
For a complete list and more details on each item, please see the gdb/NEWS
file, available at:
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-04-25 4:57 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-04-25 4:57 GDB 10.2 released! Joel Brobecker
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).