public inbox for gdb-prs@sourceware.org
* gdb/2162: gdb dumps core in cplus_demangle_type() while trying to demangle non-mangled identifier
@ 2006-08-30 12:38 dns
From: dns @ 2006-08-30 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb-gnats

>Number:         2162
>Category:       gdb
>Synopsis:       gdb dumps core in cplus_demangle_type() while trying to demangle non-mangled identifier
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Aug 30 12:38:01 UTC 2006
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     dns
>Release:        gdb 6.4
gdb dumps core during loading symbols from simple C-application which contains "_Zs" identifier. This simple application is attached.

This problem was already submitted as PR #2102, but somehow vanished from the list of bugs.
>How-To-Repeat:
Compile attached file with gcc including debug information and open its executable with gdb.
>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
----gnatsweb-attachment----

c3RhdGljIGludCBfWnNbXSA9IHsgMSwyLDMgfTsKdHlwZWRlZiBzdHJ1Y3QgIHsKICAgaW50ICog
YTsKfSBiOwpzdGF0aWMgYiBjYXRlW10gPSB7CiAgIHsgX1pzIH0KfTsKCmludCBtYWluKCkgewog
ICByZXR1cm4gMDsKfQo=

* Re: gdb/2162: gdb dumps core in cplus_demangle_type() while trying to demangle non-mangled identifier
@ 2008-03-10 20:48 Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2008-03-10 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gdb-prs

The following reply was made to PR gdb/2162; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
To: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com, nobody@sources.redhat.com, dns@fortess.net,
        gdb-prs@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: gdb/2162: gdb dumps core in cplus_demangle_type() while trying to demangle non-mangled identifier
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:52:13 -0600

 Oops, that got cut off.
 I didn't actually have anything else to say, sorry about that :)

 Tom

* Re: gdb/2162: gdb dumps core in cplus_demangle_type() while trying to demangle non-mangled identifier
@ 2008-03-10 20:41 tromey
From: tromey @ 2008-03-10 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dns, gdb-prs, nobody

Synopsis: gdb dumps core in cplus_demangle_type() while trying to demangle non-mangled identifier

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: tromey
State-Changed-When: Mon Mar 10 20:41:43 2008
State-Changed-Why:
    This is fixed in cvs.
    FWIW it appe

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=2162