public inbox for gdb-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: mi/671: Changing GDB/MI spec say the should be a termination "(gdb)\n" string
@ 2008-04-20 15:31 drow
From: drow @ 2008-04-20 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alain, gdb-prs, nobody

Synopsis: Changing GDB/MI spec say the should be a termination "(gdb)\n" string

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: drow
State-Changed-When: Sun Apr 20 15:31:14 2008
State-Changed-Why:
    I stumbled on this old bug... I don't think it's useful to keep open any more, but feel free to reopen if you like.  Nick, Vlad, Pedro, et al have been working on truly async GDB/MI and are making great progress.

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=671

* Re: mi/671: Changing GDB/MI spec say the should be a termination "(gdb)\n" string
@ 2003-04-11 15:38 Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2003-04-11 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gdb-prs

The following reply was made to PR mi/671; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@redhat.com>
To: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: mi/671: Changing GDB/MI spec say the should be a termination
 "(gdb)\n" string
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:36:51 -0400

 > 1:int main() {
 > 2:      int x;
 > 3:      pthread_create(NULL, NULL, routine, NULL);
 > 4:      printf("Hello world\n");
 > 5:      sleep(200000); // Or a very time consuming function called.
 > 6:      printf("After the long wait\n");
 > 7:      return 0;
 > 8:}
 >
 > gdb/mi will issue things like:
 > (gdb)
 > -break-insert file.c:6
 > ^done,bkpt={...}

 There should be a:

 	(gdb)

 termination here.

 > ~"[New Thread 1024 (LWP 30497)]\n"
 > ~"[Switching to Thread 1024 (LWP 30497)]\n"

 And here.

 > .... wait for the sleep ....
 > *stopped,reason=...
 > (gdb)

 The target being used probably isn't async.  Have you tried it with
 `target remote-async'?

 Andrew