public inbox for gdb-prs@sourceware.org
* cli/2527: underscores every 8 nibbles in big numbers
@ 2008-09-19  0:18 markcharney
From: markcharney @ 2008-09-19  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb-gnats

>Number:         2527
>Category:       cli
>Synopsis:       underscores every 8 nibbles in big numbers
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          change-request
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Sep 19 00:18:01 UTC 2008
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     markcharney@gmail.com
>Release:        unknown-1.0
>Environment:

Minor feature request. Then printing out XMM (or YMM) registers in GDB, the output numbers in hex are very wide.  For XMM is is 16B (32 nibble chars). For YMM it is 32B (two groups of 32 nibbles). It would very handy if the output included an underscore "_" every 8 nibbles.  I find myself counting nibbles and if I had a delimiter of some sort every 8 nibbles, it would be easier. Maybe an option on pretty printing? Just a suggestion.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-09-19  0:18 UTC | newest]