public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Re: An article about the Cygnus tree
@ 2000-09-05 10:54 Michael Sokolov
From: Michael Sokolov @ 2000-09-05 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils, crossgcc, gcc, gdb

"Russ.Shaw" <russell@webaxs.net> wrote:

> I think there should be a newsgroup for the gnu tools etc, for applications
> involving embedded systems. comp.arch.embedded is more hardware oriented.
> What about a comp.gnu.embedded for all questions on installation, development,
> use, and abuse of gnu/cygnus/open-source tools for embedded systems?

How is the crossgcc mailing list not enough for you for this purpose? That's
exactly what it's for.

But what my article calls for is quite different. Here I'm concerned mostly
with the *core developers*. I'm calling for the /cvs/src and /cvs/gcc repos on
Sourceware to be merged and for creating a home for the Cygnus tree concerned
with its core development and maintenance, rather than "abuse" you are talking
about.

--
Michael Sokolov		Harhan Engineering Laboratory
Public Service Agent	International Free Computing Task Force

Phone: +1-214-824-7693 (Harhan Eng Lab office)
E-mail: msokolov@ivan.Harhan.ORG (ARPA TCP/SMTP) (UUCP coming soon)

* gdb version 5 under ddd
@ 2000-09-05 12:06 ` j.logsdon
From: j.logsdon @ 2000-09-05 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Two questions from a newbie:

1)  I have been crashing gdb version 4.18.11 under ddd 3.2.4.  I am using
RH6.2.  I see there is a version 5 gdb now available.  Is there an rpm
built yet for RH6.2 at all?

2) The program I am trying to debug is in Fortran.  Is there any way of
automatically including the program source and how do you inspect arrays?

TIA

John

* Re: An article about the Cygnus tree
@ 2000-09-05 16:13 ` Russ.Shaw
From: Russ.Shaw @ 2000-09-05 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Sokolov; +Cc: binutils, crossgcc, gcc, gdb

Its just that crossgcc traffic seems a bit on the low side
for some reason. BTW, is all this cross-posting bad? A
newsgroup is better suited for a wide range of questions
and seems more 'publicly accessible' for beginners to
ask all kinds of stupid questions.

Michael Sokolov wrote:

> "Russ.Shaw" <russell@webaxs.net> wrote:
>
> > I think there should be a newsgroup for the gnu tools etc, for applications
> > involving embedded systems. comp.arch.embedded is more hardware oriented.
> > What about a comp.gnu.embedded for all questions on installation, development,
> > use, and abuse of gnu/cygnus/open-source tools for embedded systems?
>
> How is the crossgcc mailing list not enough for you for this purpose? That's
> exactly what it's for.

*   Russell Shaw, B.Eng, M.Eng(Research)  *
*      email: russell@webaxs.net          *
*      Victoria, Australia                *

* comp.gnu.embedded (was: embedded An article about the Cygnus tree)
@ 2000-09-06  4:13   ` Bjorn Eriksson
From: Bjorn Eriksson @ 2000-09-06  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russ.Shaw, Michael Sokolov; +Cc: binutils, crossgcc, gcc, gdb