public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
From: "John Brisco" <jbrisco@swri.org>
To: "GDB List" <gdb@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: GDB on Cygwin for PPC Target via Wiggler
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 04:23:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I'm trying to debug a MPC555 target system using Macraiger's wiggler
device and OCD DLL's. I'm using the latest Cygwin distribution on
WinNT and GDB 5.0 to build a cross-debugger. I'm new to all of this
and I expect I am missing something basic.

I have tried rebuilding GDB in new directories with two configs:
"../gdb5.0/configure --target=powerpc-elf  i686-pc-cygwin", and
"../gdb5.0/configure --target=powerpc-eabi  i686-pc-cygwin". Neither
new version of GDB recognizes the "target ocd wiggler" command
from the GDB console window. I did copy the Macraiger wiggler DLLs
to the same directory as the new GDB executables.

Can anyone provide me with the correct target and host configurations, or
any other bit of setup I'm overlooking.

Thanks,

John S. Brisco			Phone:	(210)522-3675
Sr. Research Analyst		Fax:	(210)522-5499
Southwest Research Institute	E-Mail:	jbrisco@swri.org
6220 Culebra Road
San Antonio, TX  78238