public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
From: Jim Ingham <jingham@apple.com>
To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
Cc: Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com>, gdb@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: How to access files (open/read/close) from gdb script ?
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:42:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I totally disagree with this.  The reason why so much of the gdb
testsuite is horrible is that it was written by people who never
bothered to learn Tcl, and instead programmed it wishing it was "sh"
- which is a pretty perverse thing to wish anyway.

If you take the trouble to actually learn how it works, rather than
just cutting & pasting examples you don't fully understand, it is a
perfectly fine language.  Any language will work poorly for you if
you have decided up front that it's going to do so.

Jim