OK, I think it's time to take a step back. If we are to have a security policy, I think we first need a threat model. Without it, we can't really argue about what we're trying to protect against. So the attached is my initial stab at trying to write down a threat model. Some of this is subjective, but I'm trying to be reasonably realistic. Most of these threats are really quite low in comparison to other tools and services that run on your computer. In practice, you then take the model and the impact/likelihood matrix and decide what level of actions are needed for each combination - whether it be from pre-emptive auditing through fixing bugs if found down to do nothing. But that's the step after we have the model agreed. If you can think of threats I've missed (quite likely, I haven't thought about this for long enough), then please suggest additions. R.