public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
From: "Kris Warkentin" <kewarken@qnx.com>
To: "Kevin Buettner" <kevinb@redhat.com>,
	"Gdb@Sources.Redhat.Com" <gdb@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: problem with fetch_link_map_offsets
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 21:20:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Okay, I think I've found the problem but I'm not sure what to do about it.

Say, for example, I go into arm-tdep.c and comment out the section that
registers a gdbarch osabi sniffer.  Now my arm port works fine: it uses
GDB_OSABI_QNXNTO and everything is hunky-dory.  So the problem is that the
sniffer says, "Oh, it's GDB_OSABI_ARM_APCS, let's set that up." and then all
of my init stuff is out the door.

The question is, how do I deal with this?  There is nothing to distinguish a
Neutrino binary from any other elf file.  I tried registering another
sniffer that just returned GDB_OSABI_QNXNTO but then it squawked that it got
two osabi results.  I'm assuming that this is probably what I'm running into
on all my targets.

Is there any way to make my osabi "stick"?

cheers,

Kris