public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* target_terminal_ours and target_terminal_ours_for_output
@ 2003-10-28 17:35 Elena Zannoni
From: Elena Zannoni @ 2003-10-28 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

I was looking at Jeff's patch, and noticed that we have two target
methods, called to_target_terminal_ours and
to_target_terminal_ours_for_output.  We then have two functions
target_terminal_ours and target_terminal_ours_for_output (in inflow.c)
which behave exaclty the same (look at the parameter of
terminal_ours_1 not being used at all).

I cannot find any target that sets these pair of methods differently,
i.e. there is no difference between the two, ever.

Should one of the two be deleted?  At some point the two functions in
inflow.c used to differ, but in 1993 the difference was deleted,
i.e. the parameter of terminal_ours_1 stopped being used.
Seems this is something that should be cleaned up.

elena

* Re: target_terminal_ours and target_terminal_ours_for_output
@ 2003-10-29  5:20 ` Kevin Buettner
From: Kevin Buettner @ 2003-10-29  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elena Zannoni, gdb

On Oct 28, 12:35pm, Elena Zannoni wrote:

> I was looking at Jeff's patch, and noticed that we have two target
> methods, called to_target_terminal_ours and
> to_target_terminal_ours_for_output.  We then have two functions
> target_terminal_ours and target_terminal_ours_for_output (in inflow.c)
> which behave exaclty the same (look at the parameter of
> terminal_ours_1 not being used at all).
>
> I cannot find any target that sets these pair of methods differently,
> i.e. there is no difference between the two, ever.
>
> Should one of the two be deleted?  At some point the two functions in
> inflow.c used to differ, but in 1993 the difference was deleted,
> i.e. the parameter of terminal_ours_1 stopped being used.
> Seems this is something that should be cleaned up.

I agree.

Kevin