public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* TI C6x support
@ 2003-08-31  8:21 Stephen Biggs
From: Stephen Biggs @ 2003-08-31  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GDB list

I am adding full support for the TI C6X (mostly C64xx) chip to BFD and
GDB.  I intend to submit a patch as soon as stability of my port and
company politics allow.

I am stuck.

It seems that the COFF version of GDB creates a fake symbol table with a
filename of "_globals_" and <unknown> language.  This is not working for
me.  I compile with Dwarf2 and have all the symbols and the symbols show
up in a dump as correct for the C file.  When I try to "disassemble
main", I get back the response "main is not a function".  This is the
same response I get when I try "list".  Disassembly using the raw
address of "main" works just fine.

I am trying to decipher the code that causes these messages but am
running into a wall.  I know that this is something stupid on my part
and quite simple, but I just can't get it.

Any help would be appreciated.