public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
From: Craig Jeffree <craig.jeffree@preston.net>
To: Bob Rossi <bob@brasko.net>
Cc: gdb@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: trouble locating source files through relative paths
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 06:55:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 07:40 -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
> I'll look into this.

It looks like find_and_open_source() could be modified to check if
dirname is relative and if so call openp with dirname prepended to
filename instead of modifying the search path.

I think this is what Dave Korn suggested earlier, except he proposes
identifying the relative link before the call to find_and_open_source
and avoiding the split at that point.  However, this might result in
checks occuring in multiple places - I haven't looked for this.

I'm not familiar with the gdb source so I'm not sure which solution will
be more appropriate.  Putting the fix in find_and_open_source() would be
more self contained, however this might affect other clients of
find_and_open_source() in ways I haven't considered.

Cheers,
Craig.