A more detailed description of my experiences is at: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/75387541/compiling-and-injecting-code-in-gdb-c-rather-than-c .  Briefly: I am running gdb 10.1.90.20210103-git and gcc/g++ 10.2.1 20210110 on x86-64 Debian 11. I can compile C code and have it run in the context of the paused inferior, but as soon as I introduce one or more lines of C++ code, no compilation or at least no run of the code occurs.  I get no error messages. https://www.sourceware.org/gdb/news/ mentions that GDB 8.3.1 was released on 2019-09-20, with: "Experimental support for compilation and injection of C++ source code into the inferior (requires GCC 7.1 or higher, built with libcp1.so)." I have /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcc1.so.o but no libcp1.so there.  Little seems to have changed in libcp1.so in recent years: https://github.com/gcc-mirror/gcc/commits/master/libcc1/libcp1.cc . Is it possible to inject C++ code, with any version of gdb and gcc/g++? Is there any other documentation I should be looking at?  The main gdb documentation of code compilation and injection https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/Compiling-and-Injecting-Code.html#set-debug-compile only gives C examples. I want this capability so I can easily dump the contents of large, complex, vectors of class objects to a text file, likely multiple times the middle of a debug session.  Also I would like to be able to modify such data programmatically. Thanks very much for gdb and gcc!   Best regards     Robin Whittle