public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
From: Elena Zannoni <ezannoni@redhat.com>
To: gdb@sources.redhat.com
Subject: target_terminal_ours and target_terminal_ours_for_output
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:35:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I was looking at Jeff's patch, and noticed that we have two target
methods, called to_target_terminal_ours and
to_target_terminal_ours_for_output.  We then have two functions
target_terminal_ours and target_terminal_ours_for_output (in inflow.c)
which behave exaclty the same (look at the parameter of
terminal_ours_1 not being used at all).

I cannot find any target that sets these pair of methods differently,
i.e. there is no difference between the two, ever.

Should one of the two be deleted?  At some point the two functions in
inflow.c used to differ, but in 1993 the difference was deleted,
i.e. the parameter of terminal_ours_1 stopped being used.
Seems this is something that should be cleaned up.

elena