public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* RE: SIGINT handling for rdi target
@ 2000-07-27 17:29 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2000-07-27 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Fernando Nasser'; +Cc: GDB (E-mail)

My host is WinNT + Cygwin.

> How old are your gdb sources?  Are you using the command line
> interface?

I'm using the Insigth 5.0 release + patch for eCos.
If I use the Insight GUI, pressing the Stop button does nothing (in fact the
whole GUI seems frozen) Typing Ctrl+C in the console window of insight
doesn't help more.

BUT

When launching only the cmd line interface (gdb -nw) ctrl+c works.
AND
With the GUI interface, sending an explicit sigint to the process (kill
-sigint pid) works as it should. With the message RDI_execute: you pressed
Escape.

So it seems this is only a problem with the GUI.

Thanks

A+

--
Fabrice Gautier
fabrice_gautier@sdesigns.com

* Re: SIGINT handling for rdi target
@ 2000-08-23 13:30 ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2000-08-23 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Gautier; +Cc: 'Fernando Nasser', GDB (E-mail)

On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 05:28:03PM -0700, Fabrice Gautier wrote:

> > > I'm using a EmbededICE device with an ARM board and I connect
> > > using the RDI target. The problem is that there I can't
> > > interrupt the target from gdb. Looking in the code, I didn't
> > > saw any SIGINT handling in remote-rdi.c as there is remote.c
> > > for the serial target.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know why? And If this is related to my problem
> >
> > What is your host system?  Linux?  Solaris?  Windows?
>
> My host is WinNT + Cygwin.

[...]

> When launching only the cmd line interface (gdb -nw) ctrl+c works.
> AND
> With the GUI interface, sending an explicit sigint to the process (kill
> -sigint pid) works as it should. With the message RDI_execute: you pressed
> Escape.
>
> So it seems this is only a problem with the GUI.

I've run into this also.  I can do a "kill -INT" on the gdb
process.  This stops the remote, and then the Insight GUI pops
up a dialog box complaining about getting a signal.  When I
acknowlege the dialog box, the GUI then just locks up.

Anybody figure out how to get this to work?

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com

* Re: SIGINT handling for rdi target
@ 2000-07-27 16:48 ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2000-07-27 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Gautier; +Cc: GDB (E-mail)

Fabrice Gautier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using a EmbededICE device with an ARM board and I connect using the RDI
> target. The problem is that there I can't interrupt the target from gdb.
> Looking in the code, I didn't saw any SIGINT handling in remote-rdi.c as
> there is remote.c for the serial target.
>
> Does anyone know why? And If this is related to my problem
>
> Thank You

What is your host system?  Linux?  Solaris?  Windows?

How old are your gdb sources?  Are you using the command line interface?

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@cygnus.com

* SIGINT handling for rdi target