public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* ADA support in GDB
@ 2001-04-17 13:13 Stephane Carrez
From: Stephane Carrez @ 2001-04-17 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi!

I need ADA support in GDB.  I remember there was some patches for GDB 4.17
a long long time ago.

Do you know if there are plans to have this within the GDB 5.* sources ?

Do you have any pointer to some usable patch?

Thanks,
	Stephane

         Home                               Office
E-mail: stcarrez@worldnet.fr               Stephane.Carrez@sun.com
WWW:    http://home.worldnet.fr/stcarrez   http://www.sun.com
Mail:   17, rue Foucher Lepelletier        6, avenue Gustave Eiffel
        92130 Issy Les Moulineaux          78182 Saint Quentin en Yvelines
        France

* Re: ADA support in GDB
@ 2001-04-17 14:10 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2001-04-17 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephane Carrez; +Cc: gdb, Paul Hilfinger

Stephane Carrez wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I need ADA support in GDB.  I remember there was some patches for GDB 4.17
> a long long time ago.
>
> Do you know if there are plans to have this within the GDB 5.* sources ?

The current copyright status of the code is unclear.  I believe though,
that ACT have taken it on to resolve this.  Paul Hilfinger can probably
give a definitive answer.

> Do you have any pointer to some usable patch?

I remember seeing something on an NYU ftp site.  Searching GNAT.com
didn't show anything interesting.

	Andrew

* Re: ADA support in GDB
@ 2001-04-17 14:17 ` Arnaud Charlet
From: Arnaud Charlet @ 2001-04-17 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephane Carrez; +Cc: gdb

> I need ADA support in GDB.  I remember there was some patches for GDB 4.17
> a long long time ago.

Not so long ago, all versions of GNAT come with very complete patches
and come with the GNAT sources that can be found at various places.

> Do you know if there are plans to have this within the GDB 5.* sources ?

Yes, we are definitely working hard to integrate our patches into GDB 5.1

Arno