public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* gdb remote debugging, other than serial port?
@ 2002-06-30  6:42 Craig Rodrigues
From: Craig Rodrigues @ 2002-06-30  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi,

I have a laptop computer, a Winbook N3:

http://www.winbookcorp.com/support/n3/n3_support.html

I have Windows XP pre-installed on it, and am interested
in installing either FreeBSD or Linux on a separate hard drive,
and using gdb to do remote debugging on another host, for
kernel/device driver development.

This computer does not have a DB-9 or DB-25 serial port, but
it does have ports for USB, Firewire, parallel, and PS/2 port.

Would I be able to use gdb for remote debugging over any of these
ports?  I don't think I would be able to do remote debugging over
Ethernet, because I am interested in debugging network protocol
stacks.

Thanks.
--
Craig Rodrigues