public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* "gdb_XXX.h" include files
@ 2003-03-03  4:52 Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2003-03-03  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Andrew, per an earlier conversation, you said this:

> I think it would be easier to just clarify the guidelines for
> ``gdb_XXXX.h'' files - that they be independant as they are included by
> GDB and friends.

How'd you feel about documenting this in gdbint.texinfo?  Good idea, bad
idea?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz

* Re: "gdb_XXX.h" include files
@ 2003-03-03 18:52 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2003-03-03 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Jacobowitz; +Cc: gdb

> Andrew, per an earlier conversation, you said this:
>

>> I think it would be easier to just clarify the guidelines for
>> ``gdb_XXXX.h'' files - that they be independant as they are included by
>> GDB and friends.
>

> How'd you feel about documenting this in gdbint.texinfo?  Good idea, bad
> idea?

Pointer to original thread?

* Re: "gdb_XXX.h" include files
@ 2003-03-03 19:04   ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2003-03-03 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cagney; +Cc: gdb

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 01:52:41PM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> >Andrew, per an earlier conversation, you said this:
> >

> >>I think it would be easier to just clarify the guidelines for
> >>``gdb_XXXX.h'' files - that they be independant as they are included by
> >>GDB and friends.
> >

> >How'd you feel about documenting this in gdbint.texinfo?  Good idea, bad
> >idea?
>
> Pointer to original thread?

I was quoting:
  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2002-07/msg00162.html

Started here:
  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2002-06/msg00564.html

--
Daniel Jacobowitz

* Re: "gdb_XXX.h" include files
@ 2003-03-13 20:36     ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2003-03-13 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Jacobowitz; +Cc: gdb

>> >How'd you feel about documenting this in gdbint.texinfo?  Good idea, bad
>> >idea?
>

>> Pointer to original thread?

Ah!

> I was quoting:
>   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2002-07/msg00162.html
>
> Started here:
>   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2002-06/msg00564.html

New section, ``Wrapping system header files''?  Pick up a bit of:
http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdbint_13.html#SEC123
as well.

why not?

Andrew