public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* command line interface
@ 2003-03-06  6:34 liu lijuan
From: liu lijuan @ 2003-03-06  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312; format=flowed, Size: 561 bytes --]

    Does the communication between gdb and compiled-in target simulator
follow any rules? for example,there is "remote debug interface " between
gdb and ARMulator,and "remote serial protocol"between gdb and remote
target.
the compiled-in simulator receive the command from gdb command line
interface and
return the info to gdb.how to deal with the procedure?Is there any
protocol?

* Re: command line interface
@ 2003-03-06 10:36 ` Richard Earnshaw
From: Richard Earnshaw @ 2003-03-06 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: liu lijuan; +Cc: gdb, Richard.Earnshaw

>     Does the communication between gdb and compiled-in target simulator
> follow any rules? for example,there is "remote debug interface " between
> gdb and ARMulator,and "remote serial protocol"between gdb and remote
> target.
> the compiled-in simulator receive the command from gdb command line
> interface and
> return the info to gdb.how to deal with the procedure?Is there any
> protocol?

GDB doesn't use the RDI to communicate with the built-in ARMulator.  It
uses it's own protocol (remote-sim) which has been incorporated into the
ARMulator.

R.

* Re: command line interface
@ 2003-03-06 20:20 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2003-03-06 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: liu lijuan; +Cc: gdb

>    Does the communication between gdb and compiled-in target simulator follow any rules? for example,there is "remote debug interface " between gdb and ARMulator,and "remote serial protocol"between gdb and remote target.
> the compiled-in simulator receive the command from gdb command line interface and return the info to gdb.how to deal with the procedure?Is there any protocol?

`it depends'

A few, but not many, simulators allow sim specific commands via the
`sim' command prefix.  The MIPS is one, I don't think the arm is one though.

Andrew

* Re: command line interface
@ 2003-03-07  5:40 liu lijuan
From: liu lijuan @ 2003-03-07  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)