public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* 64-bit gdb 5.3 on Solaris
@ 2003-03-11 19:46 Mikhail Teterin
From: Mikhail Teterin @ 2003-03-11 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi!

I've just built the gdb-5.3 on Solaris, using Sun's native compiler
with

        -xO3 -xstrconst -xarch=v9b

When trying to debug an executable, however, gdb complains at startup:
GNU gdb 5.3
This GDB was configured as "sparc64-sun-solaris2.8"...gdbarch.c:2619:
gdb-internal-error: gdbarch: gdbarch_num_regs invalid

An internal GDB error was detected.  This may make further
debugging unreliable.  Quit this debugging session? (y or n)

If I ask it to continue and type "run", it will die from a SEGFAULT.
Why is the gdbarch_num_regs busted? Thanks!

        -mi

* Re: 64-bit gdb 5.3 on Solaris
@ 2003-03-22 12:53 ` Christian Joensson
From: Christian Joensson @ 2003-03-22 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikhail Teterin; +Cc: gdb

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 02:47:38PM -0500, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've just built the gdb-5.3 on Solaris, using Sun's native compiler
> with
>
>         -xO3 -xstrconst -xarch=v9b
>
> When trying to debug an executable, however, gdb complains@startup:
> GNU gdb 5.3
> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
> This GDB was configured as "sparc64-sun-solaris2.8"...gdbarch.c:2619:
> gdb-internal-error: gdbarch: gdbarch_num_regs invalid
>
> An internal GDB error was detected.  This may make further
> debugging unreliable.  Quit this debugging session? (y or n)
>
> If I ask it to continue and type "run", it will die from a SEGFAULT.
> Why is the gdbarch_num_regs busted? Thanks!

did you get any reponse?

Idm actually more interesetd in having a working gdb-5.3 (or CVS HEAD)
for sparc64-linux, but any clues on this might be helpful for the
sparc64-linux target also I guess.

Cheers,

/ChJ