public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker@gnat.com>
To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@redhat.com>
Cc: gdb@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [6] What if EXTRA_FRAME_INFO wasn't required
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 21:39:00 -0000	[thread overview]

> If the need to convert EXTRA_FRAME_INFO was dropped as a barrier to
> having HP/UX multi-arch partial, would anything else be left?

If my notes are still correct, the answer is no. I think I can
double-check sometime this afternoon.

(this is for hppa 32 bits, hppa 64 bits is slightly more difficult for
me, due to a lack of a convenient development machine... The testdrive
program work well enough, but I must say they do not provide the most
friendly environment)

> I'm wondering how much further the bar needs to be lowered before HP/UX
> accidently falls over the multi-arch requirement [#include vision of
> HP/UX trying to play the `the stick game', where the sole objective is
> to jump / step / fall / crawl over a stick lying flat on the ground, and
> still failing :-]

:-).

--
Joel

(Funny you would ask this today, I was about to have a look at this
macro this afternoon)