public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Re: Print KFAIL's in dejagnu summary?
@ 2003-09-25 22:13 Michael Elizabeth Chastain
From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain @ 2003-09-25 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ac131313, dejagnu; +Cc: fnasser, gdb

ac> At present KFAILs are supressed from the summary output (the stuff on
ac> the terminal from "make check").  I'd like to change this so that
ac> KFAILs, just like FAILs, are included in the summary.  A KFAIL, just
ac> like a FAIL, indicates a bug in the system under test, and hence should
ac> be included in the summary.

I would really like this.

My scripts treat every non-PASS result as an item of interest,
so I don't miss anything.

For some actual counts:

  http://www.shout.net/~mec/sunday/2003-09-22/Counts.html

Michael C

* Re: Print KFAIL's in dejagnu summary?
@ 2003-10-03 15:57 Michael Elizabeth Chastain
From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain @ 2003-10-03 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ac131313, rob; +Cc: dejagnu, fnasser, gdb

> btw - I'm still waiting for KFAIL documentation... :-)

Oops.  What kind of documentation are you waiting for?
I can write doco.

Michael C

* Re: Print KFAIL's in dejagnu summary?
@ 2003-09-29 20:05 Michael Elizabeth Chastain
From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain @ 2003-09-29 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ac131313, carlton; +Cc: dejagnu, fnasser, gdb

dc> What would make more of a difference for me (and,
dc> presumably, for other people) would be to make it as easy as possible
dc> to compare sum files: regularize the thread output a bit more, get rid
dc> of gratuitous numbers (especially the value of $fp in pc-fp.exp).

I'm all for that.

Michael C

* Print KFAIL's in dejagnu summary?
@ 2003-09-25 21:56 Andrew Cagney
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2003-09-25 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dejagnu; +Cc: gdb, Fernando Nasser

Hello,

At present KFAILs are supressed from the summary output (the stuff on
the terminal from "make check").  I'd like to change this so that
KFAILs, just like FAILs, are included in the summary.  A KFAIL, just
like a FAIL, indicates a bug in the system under test, and hence should
be included in the summary.

Having seen this feature in action for a year now, I think it's
reasonable to conclude that people are ignoring KFAILed tests just like
they ignored GDB's bogus XFAIL tests that went before.

This would mean that any summary output - XPASS, KFAIL, KPASS, and ERROR
would need action.

thoughts?
Andrew

PS: Some [non] history.  Neither Fernando nor I can figure out how/why
the current behavior came to be.  Our best guess is that there was some
flip-flopping (the lists suggest this) and the current behavior was
chosen because it happened to be that way in the last version of the
patch.  Enjoy!