public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Re: Using gdb with Borland's free compiler?
@ 2003-09-28 23:24 Michael Elizabeth Chastain
From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain @ 2003-09-28 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greatwolf; +Cc: gdb

Hello,

MinGW is not even one of our supported platforms; you would have to
to talk to the MiNGW folks about that.

I don't know of anyone using gdb + borland on Windows.
You would be breaking new territory here.

For windows, we have Cygwin with gcc, and djgpp running directly.

This is not very helpful, I know, but that's the situation.

Michael C
GDB QA Guy

* Using gdb with Borland's free compiler?
@ 2003-09-28 22:23 Vivi Orunitia
From: Vivi Orunitia @ 2003-09-28 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi all,

The subject pretty much states what I want to ask. Is it possible to use
gdb to debug programs that's compiled with borland's free commandline
compiler? If possible, how can I do it?

Here's what I have tried so far. I downloaded the latest version of gdb
source but couldn't figure out how to build it using the borland compiler
I'm using. The ./configure doesn't seem to work when using a windows
platform. However, I was able to find a pre-built binary of gbd over at
the MinGW site and downloaded that instead, but it wasn't the latest
version though(I believe it was 5.2.1 or something). GDB runs but as it
stands now, I don't think it can recognize any of the debug symbols
generated by borland's compiler.

If someone could just walk me through this on getting it to work or on
how to build it I would greatly appreciate it. This is of course assuming
that what I want to do is possible. A quick search on the mailing-list
hasn't turn up anything relating to what I'm looking to do

Thanks