public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Re: Re: ptrace(2) autoconf tests
@ 2004-08-11  7:04 m.m.kettenis
From: m.m.kettenis @ 2004-08-11  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Brobecker; +Cc: gdb

> van: Joel Brobecker <brobecker@gnat.com>
> datum: 2004/08/10 di PM 09:03:05 MEST

> I tested your patch below successfully on our 2 AIX systems (4.3.2 and
> 5.1). I also verified that configure found the right profile for ptrace
> and that infptrace.c compiled without any warning.
>
> About configure finding the right profile, there is one thing I am not
> sure about: The second parameter reported by configure is pid_t, while
> the include file seem to be saying that it's an int on 4.3.2 and a
> signed long on 5.1. There were no warnings during the build, so I
> assumed all was right.

Most systems have `typedef int pid_t', and the compiler doesn't really distinguish
between the two.  Since I test for `pid_t' before `int', the detected signature is slightly
of. But this doesn't matter precisely for that reason. So nothing to worry.

Mark

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-08-11  7:04 UTC | newest]