public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Does gdb work with a wiggler compatible adapter?
@ 2004-12-10  7:04 POPER
From: POPER @ 2004-12-10  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi,
I make a wiggler compatible jtag adapter according to
this(http://jtag-arm9.sourceforge.net/circuit.txt).
I want to know if the gdb work with it now? And I want to debug without
the OS, you know, just a few asm and c source file by this adapter,
someone can tell me what i need and what should i do?
ps: the cup is sc34510b.
Thanks in advance!
                                                      Dis

* Re: Does gdb work with a wiggler compatible adapter?
@ 2004-12-14 20:03 ` Jim Blandy
From: Jim Blandy @ 2004-12-14 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: POPER; +Cc: gdb

"POPER" <laizhefeng@hotmail.com> writes:
> I make a wiggler compatible jtag adapter according to
> this(http://jtag-arm9.sourceforge.net/circuit.txt).
> I want to know if the gdb work with it now? And I want to debug without
> the OS, you know, just a few asm and c source file by this adapter,
> someone can tell me what i need and what should i do?
> ps: the cup is sc34510b.
> Thanks in advance!

GDB itself doesn't have any support for talking directly to JTAG
hardware like the circuit you've built.  We do have a file
gdb/remote-rdi.c which claims to be able to talk to the "ARM RDI
library", but I don't know how up-to-date it is.

* Re: Does gdb work with a wiggler compatible adapter?
@ 2004-12-14 20:50   ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2004-12-14 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Blandy; +Cc: POPER, gdb

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 03:01:14PM -0500, Jim Blandy wrote:

> "POPER" <laizhefeng@hotmail.com> writes:
> > I make a wiggler compatible jtag adapter according to
> > this(http://jtag-arm9.sourceforge.net/circuit.txt).
> > I want to know if the gdb work with it now? And I want to debug without
> > the OS, you know, just a few asm and c source file by this adapter,
> > someone can tell me what i need and what should i do?
> > ps: the cup is sc34510b.
> > Thanks in advance!
>
> GDB itself doesn't have any support for talking directly to JTAG
> hardware like the circuit you've built.  We do have a file
> gdb/remote-rdi.c which claims to be able to talk to the "ARM RDI
> library", but I don't know how up-to-date it is.

It's an ARM proprietary protocol - and the implementation is woefully
out of date.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz