public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* No symbol "var" in current context
@ 2005-01-26 14:50 Toby White
From: Toby White @ 2005-01-26 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

I understand that there is no symbol "var" in current context. However:
is there a way to ask gdb "well, which symbols are in current context,
then?"

Background - I'm using gdb with various Fortran compilers which have
useless debuggers (in this case, NAG, whose own debugger won't even read
corefiles) and these compilers use weird and wonderful name-mangling
systems. I suspect in several cases I'm getting the above error messages
not because the variable has been optimized away, but just because I'm
not clever enough to work out exactly how it's been name-mangled.

Toby

--
Dr. Toby White
Dept. of Earth Sciences, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EQ. UK

* Re: No symbol "var" in current context
@ 2005-01-26 15:03 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2005-01-26 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toby White; +Cc: gdb

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 02:50:50PM +0000, Toby White wrote:
> I understand that there is no symbol "var" in current context. However:
> is there a way to ask gdb "well, which symbols are in current context,
> then?"
>
> Background - I'm using gdb with various Fortran compilers which have
> useless debuggers (in this case, NAG, whose own debugger won't even read
> corefiles) and these compilers use weird and wonderful name-mangling
> systems. I suspect in several cases I'm getting the above error messages
> not because the variable has been optimized away, but just because I'm
> not clever enough to work out exactly how it's been name-mangled.

Try "info locals".

--
Daniel Jacobowitz