I am attempting to debug i8086 (16-bit) code with gdb, but am running into a problem. This problem occurs with the gdb remotes in both bochs and qemu. My issue is the program counter. Specifically, $pc is mapped to $eip - which isn't strictly valid in 16-bit mode. To obtain information about the actual current $pc, I need to perform the calculation manually. (($cs << 4) + $eip) Manually setting $pc causes the system to panic, obviously. :-( In short, is there a way to make gdb cognizent of the segment registers? Scott. -- http://quadhome.com/ - Personal webpage