public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Problem about gdb
@ 2006-02-27 16:16 fu-x04
From: fu-x04 @ 2006-02-27 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb; +Cc: fu-x04

Hello, GDB redhat

   Sorry to distrub you!
   I have a problem about the gdb.
   In my pc, the fedora core 4 is installed.
   Furthermore, I want to use gdb to help me develop uclinux.
   Then I download the gdb6.4 from your network and install it. The progress seems
successful.
  Next,I download the linux.2.0.x.gz and romfs.2.0.x.gz from http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/utilities/armulator/.
and
--------------------------------------
        gunzip romfs.2.0.x
	gunzip linux.2.0.x
	ln -s romfs.2.0.x boot.rom
	arm-elf-gdb linux-2.0.x
	gdb> target sim
	gdb> load
	gdb> run
---------------------------------------
in the http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/utilities/armulator/example-session.txt
it shows that the information should be
-------------------
(gdb) target sim
Loaded ROM boot.rom
Loaded ROM boot.rom
Connected to the simulator.
--------------------------------

But in my gdb, it only shows
-----------------------------------
(gdb) target sim
Connected to the simulator.
------------------------------------

and when I type (gdb)run
It stops at
"Starting program: /usr/src/program/linux.2.0.x"

and no any other information.

Hope you can help me.
Thank you very much!
Best regards!

Fu Xu

* Re: Problem about gdb
@ 2006-02-27 16:21 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2006-02-27 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fu-x04; +Cc: gdb

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 11:02:00PM +0800, fu-x04@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn wrote:
> in the http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/utilities/armulator/example-session.txt
> it shows that the information should be
> -------------------
> (gdb) target sim
> Loaded ROM boot.rom
> Loaded ROM boot.rom
> Connected to the simulator.
> --------------------------------
>
> But in my gdb, it only shows
> -----------------------------------
> (gdb) target sim
> Connected to the simulator.

I recommend you contact a uClinux list about this, to find out where
the example came from; GDB will never produce that "Loaded ROM" message
as far as I know.

It looks like you need to use the GDB from that same directory, since
it includes some patches.  Try that instead.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery