public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* gdb support for m32c?
@ 2006-03-08 22:11 Hans-Wolfgang Loidl
From: Hans-Wolfgang Loidl @ 2006-03-08 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi,

The GCC readinglist claims that GDB includes a simulator
for the m32c processor.
However, downloading the latest gdb snapshot I only found
a dir m32r (the RISC rather than CISC version) in the
sim/ dir.

Can somebody enlighten me whether GDB does support the
m32c, and if so how to include support for it, so that I can
at least use it as simulator for GCC generated m32c-elf
binaries.

Thanks!
--
 HW

* Re: gdb support for m32c?
@ 2006-03-10 21:30 DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2006-03-10 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb; +Cc: hwloidl, drow

> > I now checked out the HEAD of the gdb cvs rep with the m32c code in
> > sim. Does "not supported yet" mean that the simulator itself doesn't
> > work, or just that some GDB features don't work, yet?
> > As said, at the moment I'd only need the simulator, and I'd happy
> > with a version even if it's still a bit unstable.
>
> The simulator should be fine, as far as I know.

Alas, it needs some patches, although they're minor.  I use the
simulator a LOT so it's fairly stable.

I missed that the m32c sim had been approved.  I'm supposed to be the
m32c sim maintainer but Jim didn't add me as part of the commit
process.  How to proceed?

Also, while I can get the simulator to build, it currently doesn't get
that far because it has a dependency on gdb being at least configured,
which doesn't happen yet.  That's why I didn't notice my builds
suddenly including the simulator :-P