public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* target_enable_exception_callback dead?
@ 2007-12-06 17:59 Jim Blandy
From: Jim Blandy @ 2007-12-06 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

I've noticed that the 'to_enable_exception_callback' and
'to_get_current_exception_event' target vector
entries have only one definition each.  These are in inf-child.c,
which has only dummy definitions for them.

If we were to remove these altogether, there's a reasonable chunk of
code in breakpoint.c and stack.c that would go with it.

Does anyone know of any reason to keep these functions?  The comments
for target_enable_exception_callback in target.h refer to HP-UX and
aCC, but the HP-UX target code in GDB isn't implementing those target
vector entries.

* Re: target_enable_exception_callback dead?
@ 2007-12-06 18:24 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2007-12-06 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Blandy; +Cc: gdb

On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 09:59:09AM -0800, Jim Blandy wrote:

> I've noticed that the 'to_enable_exception_callback' and
> 'to_get_current_exception_event' target vector
> entries have only one definition each.  These are in inf-child.c,
> which has only dummy definitions for them.

They're dead.  There's about a half-dozen dead entries in the target
vector last I checked; it just needs some GC :-)

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery