public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Broken link in "Contributing" page
@ 2008-01-28 20:43 Rodrigo Dominguez
From: Rodrigo Dominguez @ 2008-01-28 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi,

The following link seems to be broken on you web page:

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/gdb/TODO?content-typ
e=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=src

Regards,

Rodrigo Dominguez

* Re: Broken link in "Contributing" page
@ 2008-01-29  3:32 ` Doug Evans
From: Doug Evans @ 2008-01-29  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb; +Cc: Rodrigo Dominguez

On Jan 28, 2008 12:42 PM, Rodrigo Dominguez <roddomi@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The following link seems to be broken on you web page:
>
> http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/gdb/TODO?content-typ
> e=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=src
>
> Regards,
>
> Rodrigo Dominguez

btw, this is pr 2329 (I think).

I'll look into fixing this (and other web-related pr's) if folks tell
me where to look.

* Re: Broken link in "Contributing" page
@ 2008-01-29  6:19   ` Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2008-01-29  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Evans; +Cc: gdb, Rodrigo Dominguez

> btw, this is pr 2329 (I think).
>
> I'll look into fixing this (and other web-related pr's) if folks tell
> me where to look.

The repository is htdocs in sourceware.org:/cvs/gdb. Checkins
to that repository automatically trigger an update of the web
pages at sourceware.org, but not at gnu.org. For some reason,
the pages are gnu.org and sourceware.org need to be maintained
separately, and so there is another project at savannah for it,
that we manually synchronise with htdocs.

I've had a couple of long days, but I was planning on fixing it
eventually.

--
Joel

* Re: Broken link in "Contributing" page
@ 2008-01-30  6:42     ` Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2008-01-30  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Evans; +Cc: gdb, Rodrigo Dominguez

Doug,

> The repository is htdocs in sourceware.org:/cvs/gdb. Checkins
> to that repository automatically trigger an update of the web
> pages at sourceware.org, but not at gnu.org. For some reason,
> the pages are gnu.org and sourceware.org need to be maintained
> separately, and so there is another project at savannah for it,
> that we manually synchronise with htdocs.

I have thought a bit more about your message, and you seem to be aware
of some of the problems with the web page.  We decided a while ago that
the web pages would be subject to review just the same as we do for GDB.
If you're up for it, we'd appreciate some patches.  You can checkout
the htdocs repo using the instructions above, and I'll be happy to commit
the changes for you.

If you become a regular contributor to the web pages, I can help you
get setup so that you can update the gnu.org version.  But it's not
straightforward, so we don't have to do that now.

--
Joel

* Re: Broken link in "Contributing" page
@ 2008-01-30 17:45 ` Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2008-01-30 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rodrigo Dominguez; +Cc: gdb

Rodrigo,

> The following link seems to be broken on you web page:
>
> http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/gdb/TODO?content-typ
> e=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=src

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The link has now been
fixed.

--
Joel