public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Toggle from gdbmi to gdb and back after launching?
@ 2011-08-12 14:23 Jusctsch
From: Jusctsch @ 2011-08-12 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hello all,
I was wondering if there was currently a way to switch between gdbmi mode
and vanilla gdb after launching gdb and attaching to a process, without
having to relaunch and reattach. A 'yes' response would be like an early
christmas present :-)

Thanks a bunch!

* Re: Toggle from gdbmi to gdb and back after launching?
@ 2011-08-12 14:46 ` Pedro Alves
From: Pedro Alves @ 2011-08-12 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb; +Cc: Jusctsch

On Friday 12 August 2011 15:23:02, Jusctsch wrote:

> Hello all,
> I was wondering if there was currently a way to switch between gdbmi mode
> and vanilla gdb after launching gdb and attaching to a process, without
> having to relaunch and reattach. A 'yes' response would be like an early
> christmas present :-)

Fully switch?  No.

But there's `interpreter-exec mi "-foo-mi-cmd"' and
`-interpreter-exec console "foo-cmd"' that may be what you're
looking for.

--
Pedro Alves